Fashion for change!
Did you know?
- The mass of large fish in our oceans is 10% of what it was in the 1950´s.
- A quarter of the world´s sharks and rays (more and more every minute) are threatened with extinction.
- If humanity continues to exploit and contaminate the oceans like now, life in the ocean will be gone in just a few years – and so will be life on earth? Not kidding.
Ocean = Life
We all need to realize that the balance of our world´s ecosystem depends on our oceans. Ocean = Life. All wild life in the ocean contributes to this fine equilibrium. The problem? Conventional overfishing, killing of all kinds of species underwater, destruction of barrier reefs which serve as a natural habitat for all sorts of life underwater, as well as contamination through chemicals, heavy metals, radiation…and the list goes on.
The Solution! 3 Things YOU can do right now:
1. Reduce/eliminate your consumption of fish, seafood as much as you can.
It is very common nowadays for people to have meat-free mondays. If you are not vegan or vegetarian yet, how about shifting the 1 day without meat/fish to 5 or 6 days instead? You will be surprised by how much better you will feel in your body! You might wanna know as well that fish caught in the oceans is mostly loaded with heavy metals, micro plastic and other toxic substances that eventually end up in your own body after you ate them. That´s right. You are far better off choosing plant-based foods that by the way also got you covered with all nutrients. Chia seeds have 8x more omega3 fatty acids than salmon and are even easier to absorb and assimilate for the body. Just make sure to soak chia in water for at least 2-6hrs to make sure it´s well activated. You could try my SUNRISE CHIA PUDDING from my book “Beansprouts & Microgreens” (coming up in English soon).
2. Watch out which body care, beauty products and make-up you buy.
Did you know that in the majority of cosmetics you find really nasty, health-harming ingredients derived from dead sharks, whales, etc.? Choose eco-friendly and plant-based cosmetics. There are more and more options out there. One example at the leading edge for conscious 100% plant-based and fresh (no conservatives) body care is the rapidly growing and world-wide expanding Austrian company Ringana (order/register with my partner number 1118814 and join my worldwide team). It even offers amazing business opportunities worldwide!
3. Keep it nice & clean!
You would say it´s common sense, but unfortunately not for everybody. Trash that lands on the streets often goes into rivers and guess where rivers end up… that´s right… in the sea/ocean. Millions of sea animals are dying every year simply because of plastic bags floating around. Don´t throw away trash and if you see it lying or floating around, pick it up! Re-use, Recycle and use biodegradable bags.
Of course there are many many more ways how you can help save the oceans. By already choosing a more or fully plant-based diet you will certainly make the biggest contribution for the whole planet. It starts with you, right here, right now!
Wait…there is more you can do!
- Thanks for sharing, thanks for caring! Please share this article with your friends on facebook, twitter, pinterest, linkedin…anywhere you like! It´s 1 click that makes a big difference!
- Visit Kenzo´s colorful, interactive campaign´s website with more infos & show that you have a heart the fashionable way 🙂
- Support Blue Marine Foundation: Their goal is to protect more of our world´s oceans and set new standards for sustainable fishing!
- Did you know that 5 up to 25% of all my profits generated from my books, courses/programs, events, private coachings, BlissLife Deluxe Mentoring programs, art work as well as UNDERWATER and above modelling/acting jobs & VEGAN SUPER YACHT go to BLISSPLANET – my non-profit projects to make this world a better place – NOW. It is important to me, it is my mission from the bottom of my heart – Thank you for working with me and spreading the word!
Photo: Romain Almirall-Torrel-Fürstler
Underwater Model: AngelikA Fürstler
Photo Editing: Eleanor Farquhar
Photo Collage: AngelikA Fürstler